Saturday, May 7, 2011

Part 3

A comment on the Hubby.  He was such a Trooper.  He didn't sleep the entire night, he stayed by my side, holding my hand, keeping me company and doing whatever I needed to be okay. At 5:00 am he called his dad and gave me a beautiful blessing, and as they prepped me for surgery he was right there reasurring me that everything would be okay.  Seriously he rocks.

As they took me into surgery Tyler held my hand and was right there to comfort me through the whole thing. Within 5 minutes our tiny little Parker was out and Tyler was a great daddy and headed off to take care of him.  I stayed in the OR while the stitched me up.  At first, I felt some tugging and pressure, but by the end of the C-Section it was getting painful!  My legs were getting really tingley and I knew my numbing medications were wearing off.  I told the anesthesiologist but they were just about done so they didn't do much, just finished and wheeled me into recover. 
The nurse explained to me that within a few hours my numbing would wear off and I would be in a little pain.  Little did she know- which I explained quickly- the numbing was gone.  I could have hopped off the bed and ran down the hall just minutes after my surgery was done.  I was in serious pain. 
I had the tightest grip on both sides of my bed and it was all I could do not to scream.  I had just been cut open and I was feeling it, all of it.  I kept telling them this was the most pain I had ever been in, and they kept adding more and more pain medication with no relief.  I kept wondering where Tyler was, I really needed him, but he was no where to be found (He was out with the baby stressed out because he didn't know what was going on with me, and eventually he got so mad he pushed through the doors to find me against the office orders because he knew something was wrong).  When he finally made it to me I just lost it, I cried that I couldn't handle it, I asked the nurse just to knock me out, I held his hand and he was so strong for me.   He helped me through everything and kept reasurring me I would be okay.  FINALLY after about an hour of pure torture, some medication started to work and I was able to relax, and be wheeled into my room.  A nurse who came into the Recovery room was talking to another nurse and when he explained what had happed all the light bulbs went off.  She explained that sometimes the Magnesium Sulfate (the drug to stop the seizures) can make you metabolize your pain meds fasters, which was why the epidural wasn't working and why I didn't stay numb during the C-Section.  Awesome.

At this point I had seen my baby for all of 30 seconds and was really wishing I could see him.  Unfortunately due to all of the medications I was a drugged up mess. I couldn't keep my eyes open, hold a conversation, let alone be trusted to hold a baby. But by that night I was feeling alright and I got to see and love on my little boy. 

Parker James Hepworth, our little 5 lb 10 oz bundle of joy is adorable. He has dark blue eyes and just a light fuzz of dark brown hair.  We can't decide who he looks like most, be he sure is adorable and we love him to death.   I think we could just sit and watch him all day.

We had the wonderful support of our families throughout the whole event and they were all so amazing, and still are amazing to help us out. We love you all so much!!!

Recovery is going to take a while.  We were admitted into the Hospital on Sunday, and were discharged on Thursday afternoon- a 5 day hospital stay due to all of the complications. I am now supposed to take it easy as if I am on bed rest because my blood pressure is still through the roof.  This is really tough because I just want to play and take care of everything at home- I want to snuggle my baby, change his diaper, run around and get whatever he needs.  Tyler is being amazing and making sure I sit down here and there.  My family has been so wonderful to come over and watch Parker while Tyler and I catch up on some much needed sleeep.   All in all, we are doing wonderfully.  Labor and Delivery was rough, and not what either of us expected, but we know the Lord was with us through it all, and we can't wait to see what this new little man brings to our family!   

No comments: