Saturday, May 28, 2011

Moments

Today I had a moment- a brief time where the world looked different, calm almost, and I felt peace.  It began with a movie about a man who has inspired me.  His music has changed me and I've joked at times that it is the soundtrack of my life.  I can thank my little sister for the introduction, but I've always turned to his albums for comfort is times of stress or fear or sadness.  The documentary about Andrew overcoming cancer was amazing (Dear Jack- you should see it) and as it ended I looked over at my other couch to find my beautiful baby and amazing husband sound asleep.  Needing some fresh air and wanting to avoid waking my two boys, I stepped outside to sit on my porch.
Not sure if any of you looked outside at this time but it is beautiful.  Its drizzling rain, there is a slight fog, and the clouds are set very low on the mountains. Its almost majestic looking in a way.  Its unusually quite for this time of night on a saturday... its peacful. 
I sat there on the step for a while and just felt the calmness.  I thought about my amazing husband and child- I thought about me, and where I am, and what I am doing, and I thought about the people in my life who inspire me.  What is it about them that makes them so special?
Passion.  There is this desire to do something, this love and passion about something in their lives and they don't care about anything else.  This desire means everything and nothing else matters.  Whether it be music, religion, philanthopy... I am inspired by people with a passion for something.  They have drive and know exactly what it is they want and need. 
Am I inspired? am I driven? do I have a passion- something I would give up anything for? Outside of my family... I'm not sure what it is that I am truly passionate about. I want to find it...my passion.   I want to be like the people that inspire me.  I am making it my goal- to find what drives me.    Do you have a passion? What is it that drives you?

1 comment:

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

Jami!
You know, I've asked myself that same question. Still working on it. I just wanted to say your little guy is soo soo precious. I love his little wrinkles on his forehead! I'm sure you're enjoying him so much. Keep your head up through this new adjustment of being a mommy. It gets easier as time goes by! btw, did you get my message on fb? It's not a big deal, I was just curious if it went through or not.
Anyway,
Love ya!
Keep posting lots of pics!